Weird Idaho Town Names

For a while now I've been jotting down funny Idaho town names when I come across one that makes me laugh. I wish that I knew the origins of some of these names and/or who thought it was a good idea to use some of them.

In no particular order, here are my favorite weird Idaho town names:

  • Good Grief, Idaho
  • North Pole, Idaho 
  • Santa, Idaho (sadly 87 miles from North Pole)
  • Freeze, Idaho
  • Slickpoo, Idaho (really???)
  • Keuterville, Idaho
Photo from: https://dogbarkpark.com/dogs/keuterville-pub-grub/
  • Dickshooter, Idaho
  • China Hat, Idaho
  • Hand Place, Idaho
  • Dingle, Idaho
Photo from: Google Maps
  • Wolverine, Idaho
  • Squirrel, Idaho
Photo by: John Warnke
Photo by: John Warnke
  • Headquarters, Idaho
  • Best Corner, Idaho (Not close to any corners of the state)
  • Princeton, Idaho and 5 miles away - Harvard, Idaho

    Photo from: Google Maps
  • Beer Bottle Crossing, Idaho
  • and not a town but still odd - Appendicitis Hill

#idahobucketlist #welcometoidaho

Comments

Popular Posts